Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our PCG article for Liveline

Hey all, this is what i have written for out for Liveline wif rgds to our pcg. i feel quite touched as i was writing it n as i read to out...i couldn't help but smile. Love all of u lots! :)

Qiuluan

We did not start out as CLAY. We were first known as Group for Accountability and Prayer, (G.A.P). A group of youths from F.M.S.S felt that there was a lack of accountability and prayer in the weekly youth ministry meetings, thus they decided to come together every Friday fortnightly to do just that with the help of 3 mentors. It was the first mixed gender group that was formed for the 13-16years old. So when it was time to formally make the shift for the older youths in JC and above to be in a mixed group, we decided to stay together and form 1 group. We are a lively group of people that loves to eat, talk and have fun together. Over and above that, we look forward to learning more about each other and God’s word through bible study. Taking turns to host PCG at our homes unlike meeting in church like we use to, has proved to be a winning formula in growing closer bonds with our own members and also the new friends that we bring. Many feel welcomed and are comfortable to share the things that each one has been going through no matter how small it may seem to be. We hope that our group can be a place where non-christian friends come to see and experience the same warmth and love that we have for them, for each other and also for God.


Quotes from PCG members:

Edwin: “I have learnt that not only must we be bonded to God spiritually, it is also important to have social bonds with earthly mates”

Chee Siong: “ I feel that CLAY has provided me a family from which I can learn,grow and have fun”

Daniel: “ What I have gained from our PCG are not only lessons or life impacts but the main thing would be that I have gained a family…a place where I feel comfortable and a group that I know I can turn to when I need”

No comments: