Friday, November 14, 2008

'til we only dwell in Thee

hello fellows! (:
this is smth that i came across and also blogged about on the youthphoria blog:

i came across this song, "Hymn" by Brooke Fraser, and i thought: wow, what a beautiful song. 
it's a song about how God runs after us, like that of the story of the prodigal son in the Bible.

and i thought it was most significant not just because of how dearly God loves each of us, but it's because of His forgiveness, for us. and perhaps some of us are really hard on ourselves for the wrongs that we've committed, where the feelings of guilt, shame or even the overwhelming feeling of smallness and inadequacy find their way into our lives.

but a dear friend once said this to me: forgiveness is a continuous process, it'll never end simply because we're fallible, yes? but if we continue to feel defeated, we're not only shortchanging Jesus' death on the cross, but we're also implying that Jesus' death on the cross is not enough to redeem us from our wrongdoings, and that there's no power in it to change our lives. but it is enough (: 

it's not by our good deeds that we get to heaven, but it's only by God's grace. nothing we can do can make Him love us more. and God uses the weak to teach the strong, and the poor to teach the rich, yes? so even when we may be feeling poorly in spirit, let God use that to teach us and even be an encouragement to those around (: 

let not our fears of inadequacy and even guilt push us away from Jesus, but to always and only dwell in Him (: because that's what empowers us. to run this race well for Jesus and to know that His love is like a rushing river that will never cease, that His mercies are new each and every morning. so take heart (: no matter how far we run from Jesus, He'll continue to run after us with arms wide open. 

just a really quick post, hope it encourages everyone (: 

here's a youtube vid of the song! (: scroll to the bottom for the very meaningful lyrics!


sorraayyy... couldn't find a better videography of the song. but the lyrics are more important! hohoho (:

If to distant lands I scatter 
If I sail to farthest seas 
Would you find and firm and gather 'til I only dwell in Thee? 
If I flee from greenest pastures 
Would you leave to look for me? 
Forfeit glory to come after 
'Til I only dwell in Thee 

If my heart has one ambition 
If my soul one goal to seek 
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee 
That I only dwell in Thee 
'Til I only dwell in Thee 



No comments: